- Who is Who
- To whom so ever it may concern
- SSSP Final Report
- Consumer Price Index - Old Series
- Consumer Price Index - New Series
- Price Trends in Kerala
- State Income
- Seniority List
- Transfer/Promotion/Other Orders
- Citizen Charter
- Organization Structure
- Photo Gallery
- Tenders / Quotations
- Economic Census 2013
- Circular_Confidential Report
- STP Training Calender 2016-17
- Continuance of Temporary Posts from 01/04/2015 to 31/03/2016
- NORKA - Order - Printing of State Emblem in NRK Insurance Card
- Circular_Duty Leave for BLOs
- Circular_Time Bound HG For 15 Years
- Circular_General Transfer Application
- Duties and Responsibilities of Senior Officers
- Circular_Annual Confidential Report_Instructions
- Circular_Increment Sanction
- Order_Conversion of Post
- Circular_Casual Leave
- Circular_TA / NRA Limit
- Pay Revision Anomaly Rectification Order
- By Transfer Appointment for RO
- Special Rules
- R.A to R.O Option Form
- Circular_ID Card
Governments of India have been conducting Agriculture Census quinquenniully since 1970-71, based on the broad guidelines of the World Agriculture Census conducted by the FAO of United Nations. An agricultural operational holding is taken as the statistical unit of data collection for describing the structure of Agriculture.
The Department of Economics and Statistics is the nodal agency for conducting the census in Kerala. The field works related to the census are carried out by the Statistical Investigator Grade –I/ Grade –II of this Department under the guidance of Deputy Directors of each district. The census is conducted in the state with 100% central assistance.
The main objective of the Agriculture Census are:-
1. To describe Agricultural Structure and related characteristics of agriculture by providing statistical data on operational holdings including land utilization, livestock, agricultural machinery and implements, use of fertilizers etc.
2. To provide bench mark data needed for formulating new agricultural development programmes and for evaluating their progress.
3. To provide basic frames of households and operational holdings for carrying out future agriculture surveys and
4. To lay a basis for developing an integrated programmes for current agricultural statistics.
A stratified two stage sampling is adopted for Agriculture Census in the state. Corporation/Municipality/Block is the stratum. The first stage unit within the stratum will be the ward and the second stage unit will be the operational holdings. The first stage sampling will be done by selecting 20% of the wards from each Corporation/Municipality/Block and selecting operational holdings from the selected wards at the second stage. The whole process of Agriculture Census in the country is implemented in three distinct phases.
1) Phase –I (Listing)
During this phase data on the number and area of operational holdings according to the prescribed size classes for different social groups, types of holdings and gender are collected from the selected wards.
2) Phase – II ( Main survey).
During this phase, the area operated by tenancy land utilization and cropping pattern are collected from the selected operational holdings.
3) Phase –III (Input Survey)
During this phase, major inputs like variety of seed, season wise irrigation, use of fertilizers, manure and pesticides, live stocks, agricultural implements etc are collected from selected holdings in selected wards.
Nine Agriculture Censuses were completed in Kerala and reports on these censuses were also published. The field work relating to the 10th Agriculture Census with reference year 2015-16 started on July 1, 2016.
Last Updated (Friday, 11 November 2016 05:26)